Philosophy of Ministry
This is what we believe and stand for:
Statement of Faith:
- We believe in the one true God eternally self-existing as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Gen.1:1-3; Eph.4:5-6)
- We believe in the infallibility of the Holy Scripture as the Word of God inspired by the Holy Spirit and our need to preach the Word with the same inspiration of the Holy Spirit sent down from Heaven, giving life to the Gospel of Jesus Christ which is the power of God unto everyone who believes. (2Tim.3:16-17; Rom.1:16-17;1Pet.1:12; 2Cor.3:2-6; John 6:63)
- We believe in the Lordship of Jesus Christ as the Son of God sent by God the Father to bring salvation to the world as well as a revelation of the Father and the sending of the Holy Spirit to continue the work of the Lord through the instrumentality of the Church and His people. (Matt.16:16-18)
- We believe in the person and work of the Holy Spirit who now guides, directs and empowers the Church to continue the relationship and ministry of the Lord Jesus Christ and our need to personally embrace His (the Holy Spirit’s)ministry in the earth today. (Acts 2:8)
- We believe in the virgin birth, the life and ministry, the substitutionary death and bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ and His ultimate return. (Luke 2; Matt.28:1; 1Cor. 15)
- We believe in the fallen state of man through sin and his need for salvation by grace through faith as a gift from God and not of works (Rom.10:9-10; Eph 2:8-9), and in the power of the redemptive blood of Jesus Christ that brings justification by faith. (Rom.3:23-26)
- We believe that revelation is progressive and that there is much more that we will believe as it is revealed by the Holy Spirit and is consistent and in harmony with the written Word of God. (Eph.4:11-16)
- We believe that there is a heaven as the reward of the believer beyond death, including a bodily resurrection from the dead. Likewise, there is a hell as the reward of the unbeliever beyond death, including a bodily resurrection to live in everlasting torment and separation from God. (Matt.25:31-34)
- We believe that there is a new heaven and a new earth that will take the place of this physical planet at the return of Christ to renovate and restore all things to their original created form. (Rev.21:1-7)
- We believe that the Great Commission was given by Christ and is binding on every believer to go into all the world preaching the gospel of the Kingdom of God to every creature making disciples of all nations; and that every believer is a minister of reconciliation. (Matt.28:16-20; Mark 16:15; Luke 24:47; 2Cor.5:17-20)
- We believe that the earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof. Everything, which appears and has substance in the universe, comes from things invisible, creating a merging of the natural and supernatural. God is God of heaven and earth and made all things for our good. When put in their divinely created order, the natural and supernatural are to work together for the meeting of man’s needs spiritually, mentally, physically, financially and in the family for the evangelization of the world for Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God, and for the fulfillment of God’s ultimate purpose. (John 1:1-12; Rev.4:11; Heb.1:1-5)
- We believe that all born of Christ by His Spirit are the Body of Christ and constitute the true Church of Jesus Christ. The purpose of the true Church is to represent and manifest all that the Kingdom of God is in the earth because it is founded on Jesus Christ, the Stone/Rock who came from heaven to demonstrate, set up and establish the Kingdom of God in the earth. The Church therefore is called and equipped with the Word of the Kingdom and the Holy Spirit to function as fellow citizens, ambassadors, kings and priests – to bear fruits of the Kingdom; to rule and reign in righteousness, peace and joy, and to be victorious over the devil. (Matt.16:18-19; 1Cor.12:12-14;Eph.4:3-7;Dan.2:31-45;Luke17:20-21; Eph.2:19; 2Cor.5:20; Rev.1:6: Matt. 4:23; Matt. 13:19,23, 21:43; John 14:17; Matt 12:28; Luke 10:17-22).
- With regards to sexual behaviour, we believe in heterosexual relationship between as natural man and natural woman within the confines of lawful matrimony. Adherence to this stated principle of sexual behaviour is an inherent requirement of membership of 777TH.
- We hold as spiritual and fundamental the principle of local church government by qualified men called elders, (fivefold and local) and in conjunction with the elders are qualified men called deacons, who serve both the eldership and the congregation (Phil.1:1). These men must qualify according to the qualifications laid down in the Scriptures (1Tim.3; Titus 1:5-9).