Psalms 2:1-12 AMP
- WHY DO the nations assemble with commotion [uproar and confusion of voices], and why do the people imagine (meditate upon and devise) an empty scheme?
- The kings of the earth take their places; the rulers take counsel together against the Lord and His Anointed One (the Messiah, the Christ). They say, [Acts 4:25-27.]
- Let us break Their bands [of restraint] asunder and cast Their cords [of control] from us.
- He Who sits in the heavens laughs; the Lord has them in derision [and in supreme contempt He mocks them].
- He speaks to them in His deep anger and troubles (terrifies and confounds) them in His displeasure and fury, saying,
- Yet have I anointed (installed and placed) My King [firmly] on My holy hill of Zion.
- I will declare the decree of the Lord: He said to Me, You are My Son; this day [I declare] I have begotten You. [Heb. 1:5; 3:5, 6; II Pet. 1:17, 18.]
- Ask of Me, and I will give You the nations as Your inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth as Your possession.
- You shall break them with a rod of iron; You shall dash them in pieces like potters’ ware. [Rev. 12:5; 19:15.]
- Now therefore, O you kings, act wisely; be instructed and warned, O you rulers of the earth.
- Serve the Lord with reverent awe and worshipful fear; rejoice and be in high spirits with trembling [lest you displease Him].
- Kiss the Son [pay homage to Him in purity], lest He be angry and you perish in the way, for soon shall His wrath be kindled. O blessed (happy, fortunate, and to be envied) are all those who seek refuge and put their trust in Him!
I will give You the nations as Your inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth as Your possession
This is a promise. According to the promise, we will
- Publish books,
- Broadcast sermons,
- Stream our services
- Start a Word School for the nations,
- Establish Households all over the nations, and
Send Sons to establish the Kingdom all around the world in planting Households of Faith.
I believe that God will accomplish all these things as we respond in obedience to his direction and plans. You need to seek the face of God as to where you fit into this picture. God is serious about this…. Are you?
The demand is that we have to ask God for the nations. It will not fall into your lap without any effort.
The Word ASK is the Word shâ’al shâ’êl
And it means to inquire; by implication to request; by extension to demand: – earnestly, enquire,
In Psalm 2 lies the foundation for what the Holy Spirit is doing now in preparing His sons who will receive the inheritance with the Lord Jesus.
Romans 8:17 AMP
And if we are [His] children, then we are [His] heirs also: heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ [sharing His inheritance with Him]; only we must share His suffering if we are to share His glory.
Those of us who have an understanding unto what we have been called also understand why we are under attack and can therefor better withstand the assaults. At the present, time we often experience these attacks as primarily spiritual. The strategy of the enemy is to bring us to that place where we cannot, or will not, come up with the strength to withstand him.
Those sons who will stand up against him to become overcomers are those in whose minds the Word of God has taken prominence so that it overshadows the trash and misinformation fed by the world systems. Increasingly we will watch the strength of the enemy spread through the social, economic and political realms under which we all live. Soon no part of our lives as believers will be without demonic pressure like we have never known. For this reason, the Holy Spirit is pressing us now into living out of the resources of God’s Kingdom and to know His Covenant purposes before the world systems reject us wholly.
We remember Jesus said:
Matthew 24:9 AMP
Then they will hand you over to suffer affliction and tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake.
John 16:33 AMP
I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]
If we know the prophetic Word and the Covenant Promise of Ps 2, and the triumph the Lord Jesus obtained for us, we are on our way to find the spiritual strength that will empower us to come through as true sons that are overcomers in this world.
It is a decree from God settling that His Anointed Son will rule the nations. Those of us who know His dominion now and have submitted to His Kingdom’s purpose for us, have discovered already the power of His rule.
Now let us revisit Psalm 2 and the revelatory truth that it holds.
Psalms 2:7-9 AMP
(7) I will declare the decree of the Lord: He said to Me, You are My Son; this day [I declare] I have begotten You. [Heb. 1:5; 3:5, 6; II Pet. 1:17, 18.]
(8) Ask of Me, and I will give You the nations as Your inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth as Your possession.
(9) You shall break them with a rod of iron; You shall dash them in pieces like potters’ ware. [Rev. 12:5; 19:15.]
The prophet here speaks, admonishing the rulers to reconsider their resolution. (Verses 10-12)
Psalms 2:10-12 AMP
(10) Now therefore, O you kings, act wisely; be instructed and warned, O you rulers of the earth.
(11) Serve the Lord with reverent awe and worshipful fear; rejoice and be in high spirits with trembling [lest you displease Him].
(12) Kiss the Son [pay homage to Him in purity], lest He be angry and you perish in the way, for soon shall His wrath be kindled. O blessed (happy, fortunate, and to be envied) are all those who seek refuge and put their trust in Him!
What power! What conquest! What dominion! What authority! We could go on with exclamations. What triumph there is for mercy and grace! In the midst of all His enemies, the Son of God reigns. This is because of the powerful Covenant Promise His Father made to Him. God’s Word cannot be broken.
Revelation 2:26-27 AMP
(26) And he who overcomes (is victorious) and who obeys My commands to the [very] end [doing the works that please Me], I will give him authority and power over the nations;
(27) And he shall rule them with a sceptre (rod) of iron, as when earthen pots are broken in pieces, and [his power over them shall be] like that which I Myself have received from My Father; [Ps. 2:8, 9.]
In speaking to the overcomer, He used language from Ps 2. This passage is so powerful we should see it again as it flows out of the Greek New Testament.
26 And he who overcomes (“persists with victory in the conflict with evil”) and keeps (“guards like a sentry”) my works unto the end (“unto their full performance”) to him will I give power (from the Greek exousía, meaning “executive power, authority”) over the nations.
27 And he will rule them (as a shepherd would tend a flock of sheep) with a rod of iron (“an unbending, unyielding staff, or scepter, of rule”) As the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers, even as I also have received from My Father (as recorded in Ps 2:8,9).
Let us also look at Rev 5
Revelation 5:9-10 AMP
(9) And [now] they sing a new song, saying, You are worthy to take the scroll and to break the seals that are on it, for You were slain (sacrificed), and with Your blood You purchased men unto God from every tribe and language and people and nation. [Ps. 33:3.]
(10) And You have made them a kingdom (royal race) and priests to our God, and they shall reign [as kings] over the earth! [Exod. 19:6; Isa. 61:6.]
It begins laying out the answer. It tells of a company who will reign on the earth with the Lord. They have been redeemed by His blood. There is no person who has any hope of attaining that position of being an overcomer, or of ruling with the Lord Jesus, who has not come by the blood of His Redemption.
I believe that in 2016 as a corporate son and as individual sons we need to step into this position of being an overcomer. Begin to ask the Lord for your inheritance in the nations. Do not be passive. Now is the time to arise and walk into your destiny as a son.
These heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ are the objects of Babylonian and demonic wrath coming upon us in this time with an unbending fury.